How to Root Galaxy Ace Android 2.3.6 DDKQ8
Many Samsung Galaxy ace users had complaints about rooting their phone after upgrading to android 2.3.6 Gingerbread DDKQQ8 firmware as their phone is not being rooted applying the normal update zip file for ace. but here's anew update that should root your device without any problems. I tried it myself on my ace and it worked properly.
For those who are unfamiliar with rooting process, follow these simple steps to root your phone loaded with android 2.3.6
Note: if you're not sure about rooting, its better not to root it. There's two reasons for not to root your phone. One is the normal unrooting patch may not be work for this root. I'm still searching for it but there's still no luck. second reason is more common, as everyone says :ROOTING VOIDS WARRANTY.
Steps to root Galaxy ace GT- S5830.
1. Download this update.zip file(includes root information for specific devices - less than one MB)
2. Copy it to you phone's memory card.
3. Turn off your device. press Power+Home buttons simultaneously so that your phone will be switched ON to maintenance mode.
4. You'll see a list of options. Scroll up/down using the volume keys and select "apply update from SD card" using Home key.
5. Browse for the zip file that you've copied to memory card and press Home key to select. The update will be installed in seconds. (If you're unable to scroll through all your folders or files, its convenient to put the zip file in a folder starting with name "A". eg - ANDROID )
6. Reboot your phone. That's it. You're now a super user, access the super user application from menu.